Mediation has become the preferred method of resolving commercial and business disputes. The mediator, who is neutral and unbiased, assists the parties in exploring and achieving mutually beneficial solutions.
The benefits? Litigation costs are avoided or greatly reduced. Where litigation can take months to complete, mediation will resolve disagreements in a matter of hours. In addition business relationships can be preserved.
Areas of experience include:
- Commercial contract disputes;
- Commercial and residential real estate transactions;
- Commercial leasing disputes;
- Disputes between owners, directors, board members, partners and principals;
- Dissolution of corporations, partnerships and other entities;
- Workplace and employment issues;
- Workplace discrimination issues;
- Succession planning; and
- Creation of business entities.
The mediation process can be used both prior to or after litigation is commenced. Also, parties will often engage in mediation before their disagreements ripen into full blown disputes. Please review my Frequently Asked Questions for more about the mediation process and how it may be helpful to you.
If you have and further questions regarding whether mediation is appropriate for you or your organization, please feel free to contact me. I will be happy to provide you with the information you need to make an informed decision.