- October 2016
Mr. Cohen is reappointed as Co-Chairman of the Association for Conflict Resolution (ACRNet.org) National Ethics Committee
- November 2015
Mr. Cohen is elected as President of the Collaborative Global Initiative (CollaborativeGlobalInitiative.org)
- March 2015
Mr. Cohen is interviewed for an article about the benefits of premarital counseling and mediation: Weddings: Pre-marital counseling can prevent trouble after you say I do
- October 2014
Mr. Cohen becomes a member of the Board of Directors of Collaborative Global Initiative, an international dispute resolution organization.
- October 2014
Mr. Cohen completes a second 3-year term as Board Member of the Association of Conflict Resolution (ACRnet.org) and was reappointed Co-Chairman of the ACR National Ethics Committee
- April 30, 2013
Understanding Divorce & Mediation
Jeffrey M. Cohen, Esq., and Barbara J. King, Esq. present at Tully Rinckey PLLC at an event for individuals and couples who may feel that they have reached an impasse in their relationship. The presenters provide an understanding of the variety of options available.
- May 15, 2013
Mr. Cohen presents at the Syracuse University David B. Falk College of Sport and Human Dynamics regarding the ethical principles and standards of practice for mediators.
- November, 2012
Mr. Cohen is interviewed by Mari J. Frank, Esq., host of the radio show “Prescriptions for Healing Conflict”, airing in select markets and streaming through www.kuci.org.
- October 22, 2012
Prescriptions for Healing Conflict Host, Mari Frank, interviews Jeffrey M. Cohen, Jodi Hallstrom, and Ray Terhorst, the Spirituality Section of ACR! Live streaming audio at www.kuci.org, 8:30-9:00 AM Pacific Time (11:30 AM Noon Eastern Time) or on KUCI 88.9 FM in Irvine, CA.The Spirituality Section of ACR will discuss the following topics and more! 1. Spirituality in Conflict Resolution 2. Conflict coaching in relation to spirituality 3. Being spiritually present and self aware.
- October 18, 2012
Mr. Cohen attends the New York State Dispute Resolution Associations annual conference in Albany, NY.
- September, 2012
Mr. Cohen is recognized as a Super Lawyer. In addition, he is selected by his peers as one of the Top Alternative Dispute Resolution Attorneys in New York State, as published by HUDSON VALLEY MAGAZINE. Super Lawyers is a rating service of outstanding lawyers from more than 70 practice areas who have attained a high-degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. The selection process is multi-phased and includes independent research, peer nominations and peer evaluations. Named by the NEW YORK TIMES as one of the top dispute resolution attorneys in New York State.
- September 14, 2012
Mr. Cohen lecturs at The Association for Conflict Resolution National Conference in New Orleans regarding promotion of legislative and public policies that protect and advance alternatives for dispute resolution.
- September 12, 2012
Mr. Cohen is appointed to be the Chairman of the Association for Conflict Resolution Ethics Committee and Chairman of the Association for Conflict Resolution Grievance Committee.
- May 17, 2012: Mr. Cohen presents at the Syracuse University David B. Falk College of Sport and Human Dynamics regarding the ethical principles and standards of practice for mediators.
- March, April, May 2012: Mr. Cohen conducts public facilitations between the Northern Great Lakes Native American Tribes and the United States Forest Service regarding the management of Sacred Sites and the proposed U.S. Forest Service Forest Planning Rules.
- September, 2010: Mr. Cohen is appointed as the Co-Chairman of the Association for Conflict Resolution Ethics Committee to create best practice criteria for mediators and other alternative dispute resolution professionals.
- May 18, 2010: Mr. Cohen lectures at the Syracuse University School of Human Ecology regarding “The Ethics and Practice of Mediation”.
- May, 2010: The Association for Conflict Resolution “Ethical Principles for ADR Professionals”, co-authored by Mr. Cohen, are unanimously adopted by the Association for Conflict Resolution Board of Directors.
- October, 2009: Mr. Cohen is appointed to the Association for Conflict Resolution Ethics Committee to participate in the drafting of The Association’s Ethical Principals.
- May 12, 2009 Mr. Cohen teaches on Fundamentals of Mediation at Syracuse University’s Graduate Program.
- December 2008 Mr. Cohen appears on the Tully Rinckey Legal Power Hour, a call-in show, on Radio 810 WGY-AM. Topic: Why mediation may be a better option for divorcing couples.
- November 2008 Mr. Cohen is appointed co-chair of the Association for Conflict Resolution Legal Committee. He is also appointed to serve on the Association for Conflict Resolution Grievance Committee.
- September 2008 Mr. Cohen is elected to the Board of Directors of the Association for Conflict Resolution.
- June 2008 Mr. Cohen is invited to lecture at Syracuse University regarding the practice and ethics of mediation.
- May 2007 Mr. Cohen is appointed to the Association for Conflict Resolution Certification Task Force. This group has been charged with creating certification standards for members of the organization nationwide.
- April 2007 Mr. Cohen is appointed to the Association for Conflict Resolution Insurance Committee.